“Not only is health a normal condition, but it is our duty not only to attain it, but to maintain it.”
– Joseph Pilates
At Newtown Health & Wellness Center, our goal is to provide high quality fitness, physical rehabilitation and Pilates instruction in a safe and pleasant studio environment. So that we may deliver the best experience for all our clients, please note our Studio Policies.
Intake and Accountability
The success of any Pilates program depends upon continuity, presence and accountability. Most people can find excuses to avoid exercise. We address this issue in our NHW Pilates & Fitness Client Intake package. The intake forms present the guidelines for fees, scheduling, cancellation, punctuality and safety.
All these elements are important issues to anyone receiving professional services at NHW Pilates studio, and these policies are strictly enforced. By upholding the foundation of this contract, you agree to honor your own progress. This ensures a strong foundation, enabling you to reach your goals and perfect your technique.
Class instructors are not obligated to make up time due to student tardiness. Client arrival more than 15 minutes after the scheduled start of a session constitutes a late cancellation, and the instructor will not be obligated to conduct the session. In some cases, the instructor will choose to wait and work with you for the remaining time allotted. However, this is solely up to his/her discretion. In either case, you will be charged for the full session as scheduled.
Reservations & Purchases
- Reservations can be made through our online scheduling and reservation system or by phone.
- You can also schedule in person at the studio, but please check online beforehand to make sure the class you want is available.
- All sales are final, including monthly and annual memberships, as well as class sessions.
- Packages have expiration dates: Please make sure you understand what you are purchasing, and choose carefully, as packages are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Class schedules and instructors may change without notice.
- Upon entering the studio, please turn off cell phones and be mindful of noise levels when a class is in session. If you must have access to your cell phone, please put it on vibrate and keep it nearby.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the workout area.
- For safety reasons, chewing gum is not permitted when exercising on any equipment.
- Please don’t wear lotions, creams or oils, as these increase the risk of slipping and can cause damage to the equipment.
- Please refrain from wearing strong perfume, cologne or other strong scents, due to potential allergies of those around you in the close space we exercise in.
- When you are moving equipment or making apparatus changes, please do so with care to avoid damaging the walls or the equipment.
- After your session, please wipe down the equipment you used and restore it to the original settings (replace the springs, return straps to shoulder posts, put pads back in place).
Cancellations and Lateness
- Please use the online scheduling system to cancel or reschedule appointments as needed. If you do not have access to the online system, you may call the studio at 215-579-9200.
- We require at least 24 hours notice for cancellation of any appointments and group class reservations. Late cancels and no-shows will be charged the full session fee.
- The NHW staff strives to give each client our fullest attention during their allotted time. Sessions will begin and end promptly as scheduled.
- If you are attending a group class and will be arriving more than 10 minutes late, please reschedule. It is disruptive to the other clients and potentially dangerous to you to jump into a class without a proper warm-up.
- Inconsistent attendance for standing appointments may result in the loss of that time slot. We have a limited number of participants per class and often must turn away someone who would like to be in a class that ends up having an opening because someone didn’t show up. We will reserve times for those who demonstrate commitment to honoring their reservations.
- We reserve the right to cancel any class when not enough participants register. Clients will be given advance notice of any such cancellations, and no charges will be assessed.
- Should sessions need to be cancelled due to inclement weather, we will post this notice on the online scheduler.
- We may have classes even if area schools are closed. If you are unable to attend your class because of winter conditions on days when the schools are closed and/or weather is questionable but the studio is open, the 24-hour cancellation policy will be relaxed, but please cancel at least one hour prior to the scheduled time to avoid a late cancel charge.
- The studio accepts cash and checks payable to Newtown Health & Wellness.
- We also accept major credit cards, but please keep in mind there is a 2.75% convenience fee when using this method of payment at the studio.
- There is a $35 fee for returned checks.
- No refunds are given for any reason.
- Gift certificates are available in any amount.
- There is no expiration date on gift certificates.
Your Personal Information
You are responsible for keeping your contact and health status information up to date. If you have changes in your name, address, phone or e-mail, health status or medications, please inform the studio.